The newest Minecraft Dungeons Diary is awesome if you’re excited about the upcoming Minecraft Dungeons expansion, and even if you’re looking to jump into the game for the very first time. A ton of new info is revealed about Hidden Depths, the free update, and the rewards players can look forward to during the Anniversary Event. Here are some of the biggest reveals during this Minecraft Dungeons Diary:
- Hidden Depths will include two main missions and one secret level. Like every other expansion for Minecraft Dungeons (with the exception of ), the Hidden Depths DLC will include two main missions and one secret level for players to discover. Each level will go through several underwater biomes and areas, and be filled with new mobs, gear, and puzzles for players.
- Tons of new gear, including at least four exclusive rewards for the Anniversary Event. Hidden Depths will include lots of new gear for players to uncover, including awesome water-themed weapons like the massive and powerful anchor or the brutal harpoon crossbow. Completing Seasonal Trials for the Minecraft Dungeons Anniversary Event can also net you sweet loot like the Sparkler melee item, Sweet Tooth cake armor, Sugar Rush bow, and Birthday Cap cosmetic item. You can check below for screenshots of all the confirmed gear we saw in the Minecraft Dungeons Diary.
- Lots of new mobs and mob variants. Minecraft Dungeons will bring a ton of new mobs into Minecraft Dungeons from vanilla Minecraft, like guardians and drowned, but we’ll also see new variants of existing mobs like the sunken skeleton. Overworld mobs from other parts of the game will also apparently make an appearance in new and exciting ways. At the end of Hidden Depths is a new massive boss fight to look forward to (we’re expecting a corrupted elder guardian of some kind).
- New quality-of-life updates. Of course, major game updates aren’t just about new content. Minecraft Dungeons will also include some quality-of-life updates, including a new accessibility toggle that allows you to turn off screen shake for abilities and weapons. I know I’m using that.
- Free update additions. Hidden Depths will, of course, include a new free update that adds new content for all players, regardless of whether or not they own Hidden Depths. This time around, players can look forward to a ton of new enchantments, ocean mobs in Ancient Hunts, and more. The most exciting addition are Raid Captains, however, which are super powerful mobs that can be found anywhere in Minecraft Dungeons. Defeating these mobs will make the remainder of that mission extra difficult, but the rewards at the end will be incredible.
If you want the full scoop on the Minecraft Dungeons Hidden Depths DLC, be sure to check out the latest Minecraft Dungeons Diary. You can also take a peek at some screenshots of the new gear we included below. You’re not able to pre-order or purchase Hidden Depths for Minecraft Dungeons yet, but it is included in thethat you’re able to purchase right now, which includes previously released expansions like and Flames of the Nether.
Minecraft Dungeons is also available throughon consoles and PC, and through . Only the base game is included, but this still gives you a ton of content to check out (with more added in free updates all the time!).
Already, Minecraft Dungeons has proven itself to be among thearound for fans of the genre. If you love Minecraft or Minecraft Dungeons, be sure to check out our list of .
The next era of Dungeons
Minecraft Dungeons: Season Pass
Explore new worlds in Minecraft Dungeons.
It’s been a busy first year for Minecraft Dungeons, and now the ARPG dungeon-crawling Minecraft spin-off is looking ahead towards its future, with four new expansions planned. The first two, Howling Peaks and Flames of the Nether, are available right now, but players can also grab the new Season Pass to gain immediate access to all four expansions as soon as they launch.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links..